Some Birds

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Exquisite, Phil! You really get a sense of depth in this scene, from the distant clouds to the leafy foreground. :thumbsup: :clapping:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The depth of the scene is wonderful. The scroll is so organic that the framing of your scene seems natural, almost part of it but still separate Great job Thanks for sharing- Fred

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
gee, Phil, with you being English and all this isn't what I expected when I read the title. still quite lovely, just not what i was hoping for... ;)

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch.....I'm not English

Phil

sorry, meant no offense! for future reference, what would be the proper term? i see you live in Wales, but are you Welsh? (i live in the American South, but i'm definitely not a "Southerner". coming from Colorado originally, i'm really not much of a Yankee, either. i don't care what they call me 'round these parts, as long as they leave me alone and keep their d*** dogs in their own d*** yards...)

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Exquisite in every way, thank you for posting, Phil,

Wonderful when we get a chance to see it all coming together on the unforgiving canvas of steel.

Yes, Mitch, Britain is a bit of a complicated arrangement. All nations within Britain, except England, have their own parliaments ... Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, yet they do speak as one, and England joins in to give a united 'British' voice in matters of foreign policy and defense. Marcus probably has the more up to date handle on this. He has a good understanding of us Celtic neighbors. I can't tell you how many times I have heard even learned professors of history use the words English and British interchangeably, and it slightly burns the Celtic derriere, if they are British professors, but in America, it is all innocent, and like I say, we are small countries and far away.

Best

Rod

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No offense taken Mitch, but firstly I'm Welsh then secondly I'm British and thirdly, I'm in no way English. Nothing against them......some of my friends are English:biggrin:

Phil

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, some of the best starlings I've seen:biggrin:. Terrific landscape. You are exceptional at putting complete scenes together. That is a very difficult thing to do. Much more difficult in my opinion than doing a stand-alone animal. Working in the overall values and creating depth and perspective is a challenge and you have done it masterfully. Bravo:clapping:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now you can see how much....or little I know about birds.:biggrin:

Sponsors