Snow in South GA

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Born and raised in Ouray Colo average snowfall in excess of 300 inches-most of my adult life in the wind swept plains of the Dakota's currently in Albany GA. You should see thes folks with a half inch of snow-most Ive seen in quite awhile most here in years and years-I am stayying home, these folks cant drive on ice-Fred

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scarey isn't it Fred. We've had our fair share of snow here in Durango and up in Ouray too.
But snow or no snow,Red Mountain Pass scares the crap out of me every time. and how about them Big Horn Sheep that keep trying to block the darn road?

Pretty darn country though.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marty, did you know that over by Salida, along the Arkansa River, is the only place in the nation where trains are required by law to stop for livestock on the tracks-big horns. Big herd over there as well. When I was a kid there was a herd on the lawn of the state capital-now just winos and hookers my daughter says-That million dollar highway can be a tough one. I grew up at the Camp Bird mine, my school bus was a jeep.Fred we had a showfall in 68 of 73 and 1/4 inches in twenty-four hours-we had a snow storm that year on the 18th of july as well-I will say though that Darango and Alamosa can be as cold as the Dakotas-Fred

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did an ATV ride over by that mine last summer.....beautiful area Yankee Boy basin and Camp Bird

We were also wondering who was crazy enough and brave enough to spend winters there.:tiphat::tiphat:My hats off to you

Attachments

• DSC01133 A.jpg
    DSC01133 A.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 57

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i got 24" in my backyard. any of you blokes wanna come an make snow angels ??

tonytigerhk45

Elite Cafe Member
Here in the south we don't see alot of snow, so we go slow when we drive. The one's that cause the trouble are the ones that come from place's north that speed and try to pass us because they are in a hurry to cause a wreck.:big grin:

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Yesterday, in Montgomery, Alabama, I got 2" at my house. Winter in Alabama can be entertaining. And -- before you belittle snow in Montgomery, I will mention the year I spent at Sondre Strom Fjord, Greenland, as an Air Force weather forecaster - did you know that you can engrave murcury at temps below -40? (C or F, it's the same).

There is snow in my yard today. It happens every few years.

Regards,

Les Holmes

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nay, i say. not we speed demons. you slow pokes gittin in our way is the problem. 4 or 5 " is just a dustin. then fancy gun tells me 24" is just a dustin. i spose, then, it's all what yer used to. in any event, my patio roof collapsed, and 6-8 more inches are comin in tonite. oh well, it gives me sumthin to gripe about.

cwbyengraver

Down here in southwest Florida its cold to forties at night only up to sixty today and I want to go frog giggin but its to dang cold I guess I could go hog huntin never mind just went outside damn its cold

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Well, it is supposed to freeze tonight in south Louisiana, and it seems to be winter all over. Can anyone explaine that global warming stuff to me again?

Ha Ha

Ed

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rare snow in central GA. Two are out the window, the other is my 8 year old planting something, snow maybe?

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not a trace left anywhere now except a small pile were a kid up the street made a two foot snowman by using all the snow in his yard and the neighbors on both sides-Fred

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Snow....hhmmm Frost on my truck....hhhhmmmm

I just got back from skiing in the mts............

maybe I should be Italian? Whatch think Bob J?

bjiantonio

Cold & Snow

Marty,
Of the two kinds of people in the world (Italians and people who want to be italians) I will make you an honoary Italian.
Also, it's the coldest winter I have experianced in 17 years in Florida. Cold has killed most of the fish that I like to target with my fly rod.
Bob J

Latest posts

Sponsors