sketch

bthomas

this one flows easily for me...when I first look at your drawings I sometimes react the negative space is being squeezed out by the leaf elements...but when you cut them they look terrific and I like them just as you drew them ....I appreciate you opening me up to your style and look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I always enjoy it when you post a new "sketch" All we do starts that way with a sketch.
Looks nice,
keep sketching ;)

arnaud

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn, at least I think this is Shawn. I look at the aliases and sometimes do not know the person's name. This has some very nice elements and wonderful leaf shapes. Here are some suggestions you may consider. I drew this very quickly and not nearly as nicely as yours but you are a quick study and will likely understand what I am saying. If not then shout back. My reasoning for these other options is it will create more depth and layering in the final design. I think you will also find it easier to shade. Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are examples of having the leaf emerge from inside the preceding leaf. This will create the illusion that the top leaf wraps around the whole stem. Number 4 is an area where you have a number of major lines all merging and it will be difficult to shade it in a way that places one on top of the other. A small shift of a couple of lines will place one leaf above and the other below and shading the bottom leaf a bit darker will really create some nice layering and depth.

I did not go over the whole design but I think with these quick explanations you will find a number of other places in the design where a shift of the lines will change the look. Just another option to consider.

Attachments

• color.jpg
    color.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 188

Latest posts

Sponsors