Silver ring

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI, this is a silver ring,hammered up "washer style" It is my first attempt at engraving a very curved shape. I know you guys do rings all the time but it was a learning experience for me. Most of the things I engrave are flat then formed after engraving.The black was done with MIDAS black max.

I did not ask for a Critique because I don't want to bury someones time with it. But any comments or suggestions would be very welcome. :tiphat:

Thank you for any comments. I know its a bit rough but I am learning. It looks better when not blown up so big, on the hand it looks fine to my eyes.

scott99 :tiphat: e8.jpg e7.jpg

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I tried working on a curved surface yesterday, I must say it wasn't much fun. The "SF" looks very tidy and crisp.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Scott

The ring looks fine and you've done a nice job with well formed scroll backbones.

Curved surfaces like a ring are a joy to work on aren't they..........There's no real trick to engraving rings. It's just a matter of working in sections and constantly turning the ring as you have discovered. All of this has the effect of slowing you down but after a while you get used to it.

Cheers
Andrew

Sponsors