SIL-AIR Compressor Oil?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Do I.really need to.use Sil-Air Compressor oil in my Sil-Air Compressor? I need oil now and cant really wait a week. Why not a high grade synthtic compressor oil?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
my jun-air is very specific on the use of oil in the unit. i don't take chances. if i were you i'd contact the company to see if some other brand of synthetic would work till you get the good stuff. most think of oil as just "slippery stuff". that may be, but all are formulated to work in specific situations. not all oils are created equally !

Attachments

• jun air oil.jpg
    jun air oil.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 241

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Beathard,
SilAire oil is
ISO Grade32 10wt Synthetic compressor oil.
This from msds silaire.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard: Go to Lowes and get Kobalt synthetic compressor oil, part number #0221009. It is half the price and works just as good. I learned about it from Ray Cover.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone. I thought that a quality compressor oil should work.

Dave, I'm so glad you are constantly watching for those of us that forget to search. I'm engraving 14 hours a day 7 days a week attempting to get rid of my backlog. I wish I had enough time to teach everyone how to use a forum.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks everyone. I thought that a quality compressor oil should work.

Dave, I'm so glad you are constantly watching for those of us that forget to search. I'm engraving 14 hours a day 7 days a week attempting to get rid of my backlog. I wish I had enough time to teach everyone how to use a forum.

i spend 16 or so hours a day on my couch. tiring as heck. i can only guess how you must feel. a sad price one pays for being good so good at ones' work !

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As a piece of kit my Sil-Air does the job, but it is impossible to top up with oil from the bottle with a funnel, once the three inch long fill tube is full it over flows, the only way to fill it is by fixing a 1/8" tube to the oil bottle, inserting the tube down into the compressor and then, either letting gravity do it's job or by squeezing the bottle, either way it takes a lot of time. The compressor also uses a lot of oil, this was the same from new. The oil collects in the air tank and can be re-cycled...but that's not the point :rolleyes:

Phil

Sponsors