Sharpening Fixture for Power Hones

kguns

This started 2 nights ago when I dropped my Dremmel Tool and broke it.

I got feed up with all the fixtures floating around the shop so I built a platform that puts them all in the same place and ready to use.

It has a post for the GRS fixtures a tool rest for Belgian style handles and a spinner to make those needle points. I mounted a small Zeiss Scope to aid in sharpening, that is a big help, once aligned the scope moves with everything that pivots keeping it centered to the tool being sharpened , so if you rock the back and forth across the wheel it all stays lined up.. It also works with many other tool holders, pivots out of the way to give access back to the top of the hone for whatever you need to do. You can also mount LED lights and a CCD Camera to the fixture/

So far it's exceeded my expectations and I will build one with some refinements,

I'll bring it to the Engrave-in for a group test and if it works out I'll build more if your interested, Of course if bought or ordered at the engrave-in a portion will be donated to the cause.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The expensive one is way cool.
I want one even though I don't know what it's use is.
Kevin

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And to think I was chastized in an earlier thread for saying most people at the top of their professions are tool freaks.

Latest posts

Sponsors