Second coloured engraved Ti bracelet

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is the second one my daughter and student finished. The shading for her is still a hard part, that is why I made the design shaded with vectors so she could copy and interpreted them here way.

As colouring is also new to me, only recently purchased an anodizer, every time we learn a bit more on that, how to tread, clean and colouring the Ti

It was my idea to have her "Brand" “Lolaâ€￾ name engraved on the outside of the bracelet.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Lola (and Arnaud ofcourse...:biggrin:), I very much like anodized Ti but alsoo the flowers are very pretty.
And the autogramm is very artistic, it could become an international logo;)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
James, we painted the flowers with miniature Emanuel paint, used a hair dryer to force the dying, coloured the high volt colour, removed the paint that protected the flowers and leaves, used sandpaper whit water to remove the colour on the inside, then coloured it blue, no need to cover the background done on a higher volt,, then used a cocktail stick to colour the yellow on the inside of the flowers, as yellow again needs a higher volt as the blue.
Means, a lower volt won't change higher volt colours, , only able to progress up, no way to go down unless sandpaper.

arnaud

delder

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work.... I have been playing around with Ti also. I think I have posted this photo once before. I have found that when you blast the surface first , the result is a little different. The problem I have found with this is the surface oxide is less durable than if not blasted thus limiting my pieces to pendants and such. I've always loved your work. Glad to see you posting again.

Attachments

• DSC00143.JPG
    DSC00143.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 116

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks all, Delder, sure that is what I experienced so far as well. The colour also depends on the finish of the Ti surface. It makes sense as there is no colour on the surface, it is only light breaking.

Pete, the wear of factor so far is not to see. My daughter wears one for weeks now, yes some scratches on the surface, but not the colour scratched of. It is more like shiny scratches on a satin finished surface. And this also happens on gold end silver. But so far I still have the feel, Titanium when coloured or not, is much more resistant to wear of. That is why I also advice Ti to my clients for single point engraved jewellery.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors