Scroll drawings from my new video

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've been working on a tutorial video on drawing scrollwork. This is a sneak peak at some of the material it covers. / ~Sam

Attachments

• scrollwork_video_drawings.jpg
    scrollwork_video_drawings.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 417

Sam

Staff member
Thanks guys. :) I still have quite a bit of editing to do. If I'm lucky it'll be ready before Christmas, but I can't say at this point.

jack

relief engraving

I look forward to this video but am wondering if you could gives some patterns to work with on the jewerly engraving relief style? The size of this, creates some problems in pattern design. Jack

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam,
This sounds like another great video and exactly what I need. You can put me on the list to purchase a copy as soon as it is available.
I would also be interested in a tutorial video on your shading techniques.

Thanks for the turorials,
Les Schowe

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,

Along with the video will there be a printed design book to follow? I always find the printed page easier to work from rather than just a screen image. Please consider the possibility.

Mark

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
I agree there is nothing better than a hard copy of somthings , you can look at them for as long as it takes to see what was done or how the cut was achieved. So christmas eh! I wonder if the wife woulg like a new dvd for christmas.:thumbs up:

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,

Geez you're as busy as a bee! I'll buy one when they're done, a fella can't have too much help. My one regret since that Engrave In you attended was not watching you while you drew that beautiful scroll in my book. I was helping Ray put his bench together and missed out and it has bugged me ever since.

I'm sure I speak for others in saying we all really appreciate the time and effort you put into things like this.

Last edited:

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Sam, Yes I want mine too. And I agree with doc, I would be more than happy to pay for a printed step by step booklet.

Ed DeLorge

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, you'll always be the JEDI of scrolls in my world, one cannot refer back to your work:beat up: enough. I have a couple of castings of a knife you did lent to me by Jason, unfortunatly I have to send em back to him.

Sam

Staff member
Many thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I hadn't considered printed material, but perhaps I should. The idea behind the video is to follow along with your sketch pad, pausing the video as you go. I'll give some more thought to a booklet, though. I appreciate the suggestions very much.

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I hope you do a print version. We could see how you build up to the final scroll.
It would be really helpful to those of us who work at a slower pace.
Kevin P.

Sponsors