script for engraving

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I am looking for a script font, friendly to engraving, that I can use with Adobe Illustrator. Any suggestions and what and where I might find it. I have been using Edwardian Script with Corel Draw but I got a new computer and switched To Adobe Illustrator. The font selection that came with it doesn't seem to have anything that is a good formal looking font.

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
I'm using a trial version of AI, & it has Edwardian Script. It also has Palace Script which is nice.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Champion script pro is VERY engraver friendly!

Yeah, that's a good one Cloudy. It's lacking some hairlines between lower case "o"s and I don't particularly like the lower case "w". That's nit picking though...it's a very attractive font that can easily be engraved.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Use the search button there is a font based on Meeks book the font was made exactly from that book Its posted here on the site.

So you can use the book and the font.

Carlos De La O III

leo

Elite Cafe Member
the thread is called engraving font it in the tip archives but just search it will come up real nice also for beginners is great for practice you can downloaded from the thread

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've used Palace Script extensively over the last year and I agree with Sam. I'ts quite nice to cut and looks fantastic on finished pieces.
Layne

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't have palace, but do have one called"english111". i got it from an el cheapo font disk.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When I buy a new computer, I always transfer several files from the old PC to the new one. Sure letter-types (fonts) are one of that.
Over the years I collected something like 800 fonts, and I install them on my new computer.
If not, the Illustrator files and PS files can't show the letters and symbols properly.

arnaud

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have Adobe Illustrator, one of the newest editions, and could not find "Palace" font. I also have Printshop 22 and no luck there either. I sure don't want to spend $30 on a single font. Does anyone know what other programs may have this font?

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This one while nice is very different from Palace script. In particular the Q is more legible as a Q in Palace. Most of the other differences are less obvious. To my eye, Palace is a bit more delicate and elegant. Of course I may be prejudice as it's the one I learned to cut script with and I"ve grown quite fond of it!
Palace came with my copy of Corel Draw.
Layne

Southtexas

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Layne,
That's why I posted the character jpg so everyone could see it without downloading. I didn't notice those differences at all so I'm glad you pointed them out.
the upside to pinyon is that it is free and is legal for commercial use. Might help someone...
Cliff

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I may be a little different about lettering; I don't like any of them in their present state. I usually use one that flows well and embellish it myself to suit the project. For some reason standard fonts are just that, standard, and not personal enough. Of course, I realize some projects require a standard font and I'm ok with that, but not when the work is mine.

Latest posts

Sponsors