Announcement: Scrimshaw using power tools tutorial now available on EngravingLessons.com

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey all, I just finished a tutorial on Steve's EngravingLessons.com site. I don't think the links are going to work below but you can get there on the link I just provided.

The tutorial covers using pneumatic engraving tools to do scrimshaw. Since Steve is hosting that for me I used an airgraver for tutorial but the very same techniques can be done with a GRS monarch. This really speeds up the process and makes doing scrim a LOT faster without loosing quality. Anyway, check it out if your interested and thanks for your time.

How to Scrimshaw with an AirGraver - by Ray Cover
This tutorial covers doing scrimshaw with a power tool. Power tools make the work easier and faster
for carpenters, mechanics, artist, etc. This is no different. Using your AirGraver as a power tool greatly speeds up the scrimshaw process. There are two projects in this tutorial that cover both line scrim and dot/stippling scrim. Ray covers both tools and process. The tools are very simple and there are only a few that you need.

How to Scrimshaw with an Airgraver
3387 words, 45 images
Price $20
Purchase by selecting the tutorial here
After purchase you will be able to see the tutorial at this link.
Ray Cover's How to Scrimshaw with an AirGraver

mrthe

Great tutorial ! with very good photos and very well explained ,a very helpfull master class thank you Ray!

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you. I am very glad you enjoyed it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ray

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am honored Sam. :) This feels like a role reversal. Usually your the one doing something cool and I'm the one thinking "Hay I'm gonna have to try that".:graver:

Latest posts

Sponsors