"Scrimshaw starter kit".... Thoughts.

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Just stumbled upon this.... Thoughts. Asking in a general sense, not asking if it's a good deal. Reckon it comes with a special skip years of practice kit?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446083386.071684.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446083405.850138.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'd comment if there was more info about what was included in the kit.one has to assume (leastways i do)that the scales aren't the real deal. for ones' personal use, hey -- for 54 bucks--what's there to lose ?

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Jesse
Check out Sandra Brady's Beginning scrimshaw kit. A few dollars more at $80.00, no knife but the instructional DVD alone is worth the money. Full disclosure, I am not affiliated with Ms Brady in any way but do admire her work.
Cheers
Don

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Oh, I'm not interested in scrimshaw, I was just curious what everyone's opinions would be on this one. I just happened upon it and thought it a good subject for the forum .

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't think the kit has much information in it, maybe just enough to get someone interested, get them frustrated when trying to scrim, and, if they don't quit, look for more and better instructions. I bought Sarah Brady's comprehensive scrim kit at Scott's Engrave-In last year and you really get your moneys worth with it. The video instructions alone are worth more than twice the cost.

Bill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::

Latest posts

Sponsors