Scott Hardy buckle

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Recently Jane made a trip to Scott Hardy's shop where she worked on a beautiful buckle set. I have a picture of a buckle that Scott made some time ago. I have three other ones also but what makes this one special is that he stippled the background.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380199594.372729.jpg

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Maybe you ought to post a photo of recent work so folks can see the work he does now. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jane are you saying that these are not nice buckles? I worked hard for these. I am not ashamed to show these off.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
That's not what I am saying at all. I am saying it would be nice to show where he started and where he has progressed to!

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We all start out somewhere, and this is a good example of why wee should be proud of our past efforts as they are stepping stones to what we do today.
Lenny I bet you busted yer%#$ to win those buckles and they are an important part of your collection, you're fortunate to have them.
I bet if you asked some of these guys they still have examples of their firs pieces, Just to be fair,I found a more recent pic of one of Scotts buckles to show that stubborn perseverance pays off.
Jane is a great young and up and coming artist hopefully this will be an inspirational thread to many more like her. Learn a little here and there until you develop your own style and technique and never quit.

thumbs_okc2011_235More recent photo of scotts buckles.jpg

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jane those are the only buckles of his that I have won. Maybe you could show us one of his later buckles that you have won? In closing, I don't have any other pictures to show.

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I've got a plate from my first piece tucked away... whenever I get to feelin' a bit cocky, all I have to do is pull it out.

I actually traded to get the bridle back from the owner a coupla years later and melted the rest down...

That's just how it is.

Brian

Maybe the lesson I learned was not to sign pieces for the first coupla years? :)

Last edited:

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
I obviously don't rodeo Leonard but I will gladly post a picture of the buckle set that Scott and I built together just as soon as I take a picture. I will look for some of my early work also so you can see how the TCAA members have helped me along.
My point was simply to show the hard work Scott and many like him have put in over their careers as silvermsiths/engravers.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ah ,come on Brian, I know you don't like to post pics, but if you would show us , I'd sure like to see. Remember I promised to let you see my first buckle!!!!!

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got a plate from my first piece tucked away... whenever I get to feelin' a bit cocky, all I have to do is pull it out.

I actually traded to get the bridle back from the owner a coupla years later and melted the rest down...

That's just how it is.

Brian

Maybe the lesson I learned was not to sign pieces for the first coupla years? :)

BINGO on the last sentence Brian.

Sponsors