Scope or nope.

jeff Cadzow

Carrying on from scope or graver, has anyone had experience with digital microscopes with the screen display. They seem like they would be a viable option and some have really high working distances but I haven’t heard of any engravers using them.?
regards Jeff

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You would probably lose at least some of the stereoscopic view with a single screen. Various models have been around for years, but never seem to catch on with engravers and jewelers.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i had one some time ago. as mitch hinted, the power and clarity were very nice. there was no stereoscopic or 3-d at all in the image. for me it was useless for engraving. it was cool tho, you could usb the output to a computer or even a tv screen with the proper cabling. it was a very good inspection tool. just not too cool for engraving

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
I´d say no.. I see this topic comes up now and then, but most likely for a good reason 99,99% of all the hand engravers I know or have heard of will not use it.. fun and looks cool, yea probably, useful for your own engraving, probably not. :)

Sponsors