Rufus (Belgium Shepherd) at work [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As thieves are a big problem, and they visited me already twice, for some months I’m training this Belgium Shepherd called Rufus.

He is only 10 months old now, and I’m training him daily. Sure he has lots to learn but he is taking his job very seriously. I allowed him to bark and shut down when customers ring the doorbell. At first I thought it could frighten the customers, but no…. they understand a jeweller likes to have a trained dog at his side. :cool:

And so far dogs are allowed in Belgium, not guns, so I take advantage training a dog.

I have to walk with Rufus three times a day, but also that is good for both our condition. So before I go to my studio, I walk half an hour in the fields where I’m living.

His ears still have to stand up like a Malinois should have them that will make him look even more serious.

arnaud

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Aw, Rufus looks like a great dog...very handsome. Me, I have a cocker spaniel called Woody. He'd lick a burglar to death but he's the best alarm dog in the world and from the other side of the door sounds like a GSD, lol.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A good friend of mine is a Deputy Sheriff on the island of Maui and he has a trained Belgian Malinois K-9. The military use them also. They are very good at what they are used for and very protective. As for me... I have beagles and guns. As many guns as I want to own. :)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice dog, but how are his engraving skills?

Able to make al kind of scratches using his own tools.

arnaud

Sponsors