Royalty free western clip art

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Years ago, the FEGA ENGRAVER Magazine Issue no. 49 had a TIP FOR THE TRADE from Bob Evans about a book by Carol Belanger Grafton called OLD WEST CUTS. It is printed on one side so you can copy without the other side showing through. I tried to find a copy a few years ago and could not. However, today I found that Abe Books has several used ones available from various booksellers. I have used Abe Books many times to find out-of-print books and they and their associated booksellers are very reliable. I ordered a copy of that one and found a couple of others as well. One is a printed copy of COWBOY AND WESTERN ILLUSTRATIONS and the other was a print/CD set of COWBOY AND WESTERN CUTS. I figured if Bob Evans recommended the OLD WEST CUTS, it can't be a loser for those of us who would like some good starting points for cowboys and Indians on horseback, wagons, bucking broncs, etc., so I got all three of these to use as a resource. (Abe also has lots of engraved firearms books available.) In searching for the OLD WEST CUTS book, I found that Carol Belanger Grafton has tens of books of royalty free art in print (and out of print) suitable for various crafts, including engraving, so you may find some more of her books fit things that you do.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I found that Carol Belanger Grafton has tens of books of royalty free art in print (and out of print) suitable for various crafts,
Dover Publications is the go-to site for her books. They have 238 of her titles.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Unfortunately, many of her western scene titles are out of print, so you have to go to folks that sell out-of-print ones. That is why I couldn't find the one I looked for earlier. It was out of print and I had to wait until it showed up in used booksellers.

Latest posts

Sponsors