RinGenie turntable from GRS

mcleodswood

OK this is my first post.
Since Steve is out of stock on turntables and I was not satisfied with the one I purchased, I am on the hunt for a new one. Something stable and heavy.
Anyone had experience with the GRS RinGenie 10" Rotarty table??

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
OK this is my first post.
Since Steve is out of stock on turntables and I was not satisfied with the one I purchased, I am on the hunt for a new one. Something stable and heavy.
Anyone had experience with the GRS RinGenie 10" Rotarty table??
I think you're confusing companies. GRS doesn't make Ring Genie. Their turntable is the Satellite, and it's as good as turntables get IMO. I have three of them.

mcleodswood

It looked like the RinGenie had an extra unit on top that is a positioning slide table which I thought would be a big bonus?

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The ring genie is a separate tool that is marketed by Tira Mitchell
It is not a turn table

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Just looked it up and it is indeed called the RinGenie turntable. With a slightly higher price than the satelite table, I would probably go with the satelite myself. It states that there is a positioning plate on it, but it seems to me that there is not much room for movement. It states to be best with a positioning vise.
With the satelite you simply move your vise around on the table, quick and easy. For me, that would be the better choice.

mcleodswood

Just looked it up and it is indeed called the RinGenie turntable. With a slightly higher price than the satelite table, I would probably go with the satelite myself. It states that there is a positioning plate on it, but it seems to me that there is not much room for movement. It states to be best with a positioning vise.
With the satelite you simply move your vise around on the table, quick and easy. For me, that would be the better choice.
Thank you very much for the response.

Latest posts

Sponsors