Raised Multi-Metal Inlay Class

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
We completed my engraversstudio.com Raised Multi-Metal Inlay Class today by putting the final touches to our class project. My students were supplied with the mounted Cronite Steel plate you see below with a pre-laid out arabesque scroll pattern (on the right).

We transfered the scrolls to the center of the plate - reserving the original layout for reference - and proceeded to create the various cavities for the silver and gold figures...raised off the surface of the steel. The students followed my leads and created the same patterns and thier plates:handpiece: Later, since the class progressed so well, and since we had some time at the end of the fourth day, we decided to create another layer of interest by adding sculpted leaf patterns to the bottom of the plate.:hammer:

This is one of my favorite engravng styles - inspired by my GRS Grand Masters Classes with Winston Churchill and Phillip Grifnee'.

Great Class, great students!!:clapping:

Mike Dubber

Joe

Thanks again, Mike- It really was an enjoyable 4 days. Like all of the classes that I have taken, I left this one unable to do all that I have learned. I learned enough to practice, though, and more. There was enough chat in addition to the stated intent, that alone would make the class well worth the time, effort and tuition. Pardon my not displaying my work. I'd rather take another go at it before I show off.

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great class- great information, and just plain good fun. My plate looks just like the one Mike post (in my dreams!)- but I'll get better with practice!:hammer::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors