progress

bthomas

Shawn,

You have told me before to study other's work for shading but I keep seeing great color /depth in your leaves.....thanks for posting

Bill

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
rayf24....sorry all i have is this picture of the finished bracelet.
you will just have to believe that it turned out looking great.:rolleyes:
thanks for the kind comments guys!:tiphat:

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks ken
brian i printed off some clip art and used rubber cement to stick it to the brass then just cut it.
i have started carving some wax figures for future use.
thought about casting some dragonflies as well.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I could make some nice 3d sculpted figures for you with my cad/cam systems that we could create rubber molds from. If you are interested shoot me a pm for all my contact data

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Looking good, Shawn! In addition to your beautifully shaded scrollwork, I like your business card!

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
We used to do it a similar way in Mexico. Didn't have copiers, printers or computers to help though... so it was done with an inkpad and a rubberstamp - on a piece of newspaper. There was always a big jar of paste we made up from some kinda powder you could buy at the silversmiths suppliers in town.

Those rubberstamp patterns were always a big deal when one of the small shops closed down. Everyone tried to get to the patterns first.

Made a lot of cast & fabricated jewelry and a few fabricated parts that I brought back up here during the 8 years that my shop was open down there.

I never engraved much down there. Tried a coupla times to see if anyone was interested in learning to engrave but got no takers.

Almost all the engraving at that time was done in Guadalajara. Never understood why, since the mines, refiners and mills were in Taxco...

Brian

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I want to add my voice to others here, Shawn,

You got real good real fast with your shading, subtle and very precise light cutting. It works well for my eye.

Take a bow!

Rod

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
:tiphat:rod..........thanks for your kind words.
i just got finished with sams new video(such a good video:thumbsup:)........i found several areas that will improve my engraving alot.:drawing::chip:
i hope to show some great results with my next project.;)
again thanks everyone.
shawn:tiphat: