Practice - rabbit

teroon

Hi,
Here is a little practice I have done recently, that took a chunk of my mind and taught me a lot.

So far I have been engraving with 105 since it was easier to handle for me. But on this project I hade a tip breaking very very often. After some consultation I switched to 120 but that was in the middle of the project. So I recut all the outline with 120. That was a bit of a challenge. Then I have decied to go with the flow and try 116 and 120 for the shading lines for the first time. :) That was quite interesting as well. I still can not decide if I like 105 and "flat" lines or the "sparkling" 116 for the shading lines better. As a practice with the inlay the eye is done with the copper. All the background was cut, and then stippled. I do hate that part. :D

So here it is. Also one more thing I have learned, is that the shading lines can look good on the paper of the project but then on the metal they may need to be done differently. I really don't like the middle part shading now that I look on it. So much to learn :D But I am l glad I did it as a practice plate. :D

Rabbit.jpg

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
this is pretty neat stuff. Nice job on the rabbitt teroon, thanks for sharing

teroon

Thanks for kind words. That gold rabbit mentioned before is great. Never heard of it. :)

Sponsors