Critique Request practice plate

alfredo gm

hi
This is the first job I dare to show, it's a keychain for my son.
Thank you all in advance

Attachments

• 4ABF0822-79FC-4F7B-889E-2AC3E6D663BF.jpeg
    4ABF0822-79FC-4F7B-889E-2AC3E6D663BF.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 025CE2DF-B739-4D73-871D-EE97869E1336.jpeg
    025CE2DF-B739-4D73-871D-EE97869E1336.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 126

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Alfredo,
Thanks for showing, I like your leaves on the backside layering over the beginning scroll. Keep it up and have a good one.

monk

Staff member
job one for you: you should learn to draw relatively perfect scroll spines or backbones.if you re cut this exact same layout with better scroll spines the design would improve from just that one feature. nothin is overnite. practice with the pencil. no reason to cut a less-than-great layout.paper is way cheaper than practice plates.

alfredo gm

job one for you: you should learn to draw relatively perfect scroll spines or backbones.if you re cut this exact same layout with better scroll spines the design would improve from just that one feature. nothin is overnite. practice with the pencil. no reason to cut a less-than-great layout.paper is way cheaper than practice plates.
Thank you very much for your advice, you are absolutely right. I will continue to draw

Mike576

:::Pledge Member:::
A tip i learned from a video done by layne zeulke. When doing cross hatching on shading lines they should be done with intent, spaced tighter together in areas you want to be darker to farther apart on lighter areas.

Im by no means a great artist, and still have a lot to learn about drawing however maybe this photo will help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101-012825.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101-012825.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 26

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Nice first try Alfredo. Look much better than my first one. I am not an expert, but I`m with Monk here. A tip from me., draw in large scale, it is easier to see errors and flaws and if you struggle, ask for help before cutting next one. Keep drawing and keep cutting:)

alfredo gm

A tip i learned from a video done by layne zeulke. When doing cross hatching on shading lines they should be done with intent, spaced tighter together in areas you want to be darker to farther apart on lighter areas.

Im by no means a great artist, and still have a lot to learn about drawing however maybe this photo will help.
Thank you, any help is welcome

alfredo gm

Nice first try Alfredo. Look much better than my first one. I am not an expert, but I`m with Monk here. A tip from me., draw in large scale, it is easier to see errors and flaws and if you struggle, ask for help before cutting next one. Keep drawing and keep cutting:)
Thank you, I will definitely continue trying

monk

Staff member
another trick: draw them normal size. use an art projector to blow them up to very large. this may allow you to more realistically evaluate the work. drawing well is more important than the rest of the disciplines needed to produce quality work. your execution looked rather consistent. the drawing skills come with time.

alfredo gm

Good idea, when I was little I had something similar we called it a projector, I can improvise something with a light source and a lens

Latest posts

Sponsors