Question: Power outage

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Has the power been restored to the storm ravaged people on the east side of the US yet?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No, I think most will take a break and relax. They should get the power restored in a month.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Power for many is still a problem were in the east,I was lucky only lost TV & Computer for a day.Everyone here in Virginia and Maryland should have there power back by the weekend,this was a really bad storm with many trees and wires down. J.J.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Speaking with my sister who lives in Patomac, her area was hit pretty hard and many homes were damaged by falling trees. The extreem heat and humidity have made it very uncomfortable. Many homes even within her neighborhood are still without power.
So you could say it is not condusive to engraving by Hammer and chisel.

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Been 5 days without. I worked on my first bolino . Got power back for a day and lost it. Now i have cell service and no power
Pics of my attempts to follow

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
It was a heck of a storm here, being surrounded by big trees. I lost power from Fri. night 9pm to Mon. noon. I did think of H&C engraving but no light to work under and the heat outside wasn't too conducive to working without dragging out my portable bench I use during living history events. So I hung an 8 led flashlight on my engraving lamp, fired up the CO2 on the PC and went to work. Not good enough to do classic work but great for a gift to my postman who is retiring in a few weeks. It will be a great part of the story since I didn't get mail for a couple of days. There are still some folks I know that don't have power yet.
My hat is off to the many linemen that came from other states to help restore power in Va. as well as the neighboring states. To all emergency workers and kind people during times of strife ........ Thank You !
Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors