Pistol practice

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
So I'm pretty well connected in the shooting community here both with shooters an smiths. So I have been asking my friends for some material to play on. Receivers, frames, bolts, anything an everything. Well one of the pieces I got was this stainless XD slide which looked fine until I noticed the recoil spring wouldn't come out. Lol so how during a practice session it took a round from a 40 an basically KO'ed the gun

So I figured its a good doodle piece. Although Springfield hogged up a lot of real estate on this slide I think I can put some scrolls a little forward of the cocking serrations an maybe on top.

Anyone made any cuts on these pistols ? Tips tricks suggestion ?

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have said this here over and over. I was asked to cut a SA XDm slide. I made a test cut inside and it seemed OK so I proceeded to the top of the slide and it was as hard as a diamond. Absolutely unengraveable! I was working on the blackened version.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
The black one has a melonite coating. That stuff is hard as nails. I'm not sure of the truth in it but someone told me while back it was 4 times harder than chrome

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pretty sure this one is hard as a rock also. Since it's a dead slide, it can't hurt to make a test cut on the outside.
Layne

Latest posts

Sponsors