Pics

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I have run across this in the Tips section.
The pics are gone and replaced with red X.
If the post was so good to make it into the tips section then the pics should be as well.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Dale

Those pictures with the X are probably hosted on another picture hosting service like Photo Bucket or a personal web site and for whatever reason are no longer available. We have no control over that. If people upload photos to the forum that way then we have no right, or permission, to grab and store them on the forum.

If the photos are uploaded and stored on the Cafe forum then they should be there permanently.

Cheers
Andrew

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew
My point is if their is a tip section( who decides who or what gets saved for the tips section) then the photos should be saved on forum server not linked to a Photobucket account Then the posts need to be removed clean up the server.
Sam
my guess is the user with tip posting didnt relize that his pics were linked to his photo account and deleted them for whatever reason.
Monk
ill have to look again. I was reading a bunch last night. Must be getting old Savin time got me all outta wack.

Guys im really new to this been at it less than a year as I work 2 jobs Teacher and Construction Project Manager. This time of the year its both at same time. I read till my eyes bleed sleep keeps me from asking questions that allready have been answered. Its not a tip anymore when the content is gone

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Dale: We strive to make the Cafe the best and most informative place there is. If there are broken image links I apologize for the inconvenience, but neither I or my volunteer moderators have the time to edit each post and upload photos which are hosted on other servers.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dale,

Fortunately, on this forum people do not have to import their photos from another site like Photobucket or Shutterfly. At first we did and I have some pics out there tied to Photobucket. For the past few years I always import my images directly from my PC to this site so there is no risk of those red x's if photobucket shuts down or my account is closed.

Roger

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam and Roger
The Cafe in its own, is a book of engraving lessons. I can understand the links can be broken from outside posts. I can live with that .
What Im questioning. If a post was added to the Tips section then by default the pics should be stored on the Cafe server with owners permission. I understand that some tips in the past cant be fixed but any from here out could be. So as to prevent the Red X . If the post was so good to make the Tip section then it needs to be saved for the future.
End Rant
Thanks for a great place to learn .
Dale

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Dale: Feel free to contact the member who owns the missing photos, get them to send them to you, then forward them to me and I'll edit the post and get rid of those red Xs.

~Sam