Personal project I need a little help with..

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone,

I have an Ithaca NID 1926 that I would like to redo (after I engrave it). My desire is to take my time and do the project myself.
So I need to disassemble this shotgun AND get it back together.:eek:
I need advise on any manuals that may come close OR any gunsmithing books that show how to deal with side-by-side shotguns with this or a similar action.

Donny

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Jerry.... The problem I'm running into is that there are NO manuals for the Ithaca NID none naddda not one :(
So I was hoping that someone hear might have a Specific title of a manual that might work for me....

I will call Brownells tomorrow though and ask the question

Donny

unclejim1955

Elite Cafe Member
I've always been able to find download manuals just by searching on yahoo or google. Also, a lot of videos on youtube show assembly and dis-assembly of firearms, there may be one for yours.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,

I can assure you I have conducted a thorough search before pleading for help here... :)

Donny

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Even with manuals I find it a good idea to take a lot of digital photos during the disassembly for reference during reassembly. Otherwise I find myself taking it apart several more times because I am out of sequence.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Spot on SamW...I've recently added a small digital camera as a permanent fixture to my work bench, just for that very reason!
Even a cheap digital cam is good enough these days and a whole lot better than No Camera at all

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Donny,Get friendy with a good gunsmith in Phoenix,taking a gun a part not a big problem but reassembly not a fun time.I have a gun stop in town that I go to when I get a gun that I have a problem with.Im getting to old to be crawling around the floor looking for screws and springs that got away on me. J.J.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Camera - Check!
Luck - Check!
Small white pup tent- Check! ( I figure from what JJ said if I do this in a enclosed tent it will be easier to find runaway pieces! :)

I do appreciate the help.

Donny

Latest posts

Sponsors