Help, please: Perazzi Engraving

joemckeone

I have recently obtained a SC1 Perazzi dated 1966 It is beautifully engraved with gold inlays. I have been attempting to trace the guns history because it is one of the first 50 produced of this model.
The signature on this piece is Bleus no other initials,I am told it was not done by Perazzi . My knowledge of engraving is non existent and was hoping someone may be familiar with the name ,all of my searches have been futile.
A friend a long time gunsmith seems to believe it is of a German style that is the only information I have been able to acquire.
Thanks In Advance
Joe

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 188
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 189
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 189
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There was a Louis Bleus that was an engraver working at FN/Browning. He did a deep sculpted style similar to this.

joemckeone

I have seen a Browning engraved gun signed by Bleus the gun dated in the late 60's similar to my dates but I can not find any other information about him.
From an engravers standpoint how would this work be rated in quality. I think it looks very good bou purely a laymans opinion?

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Could you post the pictures in high resolution, please?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks like it could be quite good. People are asking for high resolution because we can't see the quality of the shading and background treatment. The overall design looks good though.

joemckeone

Those photos were taken with my phone I am going to see if I can change the setting of the phone to a better quality, any input would be would be helpful. I can see where everyone needs better detail but not sure if I know how to accommodate.
Joe

Sponsors