Peptools Super Ring Bending Tool 301.00

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don’t know if one can help me on this.
Chris DeCamillis pointed me on a ring bender tool as for Titanium rings this could help me a lot bending them properly.. So I as searching for it and it is probably this one.
The Tool company I order most of my smiting tools have it in their catalogue, but they say that it takes a lot of time for the Pepetools company and are already waiting for 2 moths now, they even don’t know when the tool will be available.

It is about the Super Ring Bending Tool 301.00. Perhaps some of you in Europe have one that they don’t use or know a company that have similar or a better alternative.

arnaud

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, This is the tool I was refering to. What makes it work so well is that when you start a bend as you know the very front edge is the most diffiucult to get to curve. with this because of the cam type rotation the force is extreme and it bends the front edge easily. The other thing is that it can bend extremly thick stock.

I don't know a lot about that other tool. Maybe someone else here can comment. This one is avaliable throut shor international. They are an ols company in the US. I also found some at other companies but they were out of stock. Cas Ker Co. also had one It was cheaper but I think this is the oriuginal. Chris

Attachments

• ring bender.PNG
    ring bender.PNG
    178.1 KB · Views: 96

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, thank you for the information, I have seen this model as well and it seems that also Pepetools make it.
So that is still the same problem.
I do not know if the one you show works better, in my opinion the one I show is able to bend without to much force and will bend the start and ends.

Here is the model you are showing from Pepetools.

arnaud

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Arnaud,

The ring bender that Chris just illustrated is fairly common - at least over here.

They should be showing up more and more as used tools on Ebay and Frei as the jewelers liquidate. Used ones seem to go for $75 - 100...

The Pepe version has only been out a short time.

I have both, but seem to use the older one more than the first one you showed - because it's simpler and quicker. Thick leather or a lead strip on the bottom/female forming die helps quite a bit.

You must be laser welding these titanium rings?

Brian

(If you use the lead, don't stick your tongue in there or lick it)

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for the info Brian.
As I understand well both you and Chris prefer the second model.

I do not use a laserwelder but the PUK3
It is much cheaper and does almost the same job.

arnaud

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud, is the Pepe Tools the tool you want? With this back and forth without mentioning the manufacture it's hard to tell.
Once I know for sure I'll see what I can do on this side of the water.

As for the PUK3 I know a guy who teaches classes on the PUK. He likes it very much and he's a very experienced guy.
Kevin P.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kevin, thank you already for your help. I don't know yet which of these two is best.
The second one, the one Chris is pointing on, seems to be a classic model.
The PepeTools website shows them both, and my tool supplier have them both in his catalogue. Perhaps they have the second model in stock, have to find out but the price is x 3 times.
The tool also needs to be able bending rings that are up to 10 mm wide, not sure the second model is able.

Brian has them both and he prefers the second model. So I’m considering that one now.

arnaud

Sponsors