Pendant, Practice gold inlay

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Hi friends. As allways it's been a while since I have engraved anything. This time I tried to practice more on gold inlay and also tried to do some bullino work. Here is a pendant in stainless steel. Simular designs have been engraved before, but it was really fun to cut. Body on the bee is 9mm long and the width of the pendant 24mm. It is not 100 % finished yet. Think I will give it to my sister on her birthday next weekend.

Have a nice weekend

Jørn-Ove

Attachments

• maritsbursdag-siste versjon.jpg
    maritsbursdag-siste versjon.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 133

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love it, but my only very mild criticism would be the detail in the veining of the wings isn’t at the same level as the rest, which is excellent.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for feedback mitch. Must admit that I don't have a clue how veins should look like or how they should be cut. Maybe you will tell ? I will appreciate it :graver::thumbsup::)

Jørn-Ove

FuriousJulius

Ah that bee is really nice. Totally understand feeling the urge to cut a fun design that might not be the most original. All told I think you did a really nice rendition. Will surely be a top tier birthday gift.
Cheers!

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for feedback mitch. Must admit that I don't have a clue how veins should look like or how they should be cut. Maybe you will tell ? I will appreciate it :graver::thumbsup::)

Jørn-Ove
Years ago I did a few dragonflies and found some very detailed photos and drawings of their wings on the internet. I’m sure there are similar images for bees. You can probably find whatever you need if you search for “honeybee wing images”.
The rest of your engraving is so well done I’d just like it even better if the wings were more realistic.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Years ago I did a few dragonflies and found some very detailed photos and drawings of their wings on the internet. I’m sure there are similar images for bees. You can probably find whatever you need if you search for “honeybee wing images”.
The rest of your engraving is so well done I’d just like it even better if the wings were more realistic.
Thank you again mitch. I will take a look on the internet for photos

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Fantastic mitch. The honey bee has actually 4 wings, not 2.:shock::shock: Learning something new every day :D :D :D That`s why I think this forum is great !!

Jørn-Ove

1682334996199.png

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most insects have four wings, but the second set are not always very visible. Notable exceptions are flies- dipterans, di= 2, ptera= wing.

Sponsors