Out of the Garage and into the National Spot Light!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Our very own Lee Griffiths has recently completed a work of art that will tour nationally. He was asked to participate in a multi-artist, multi-painting project that will garner much attention in the coming year. The exhibit entitled Covenant America will debut during a 3 day event in Branson, MO on September 13-15, 2013. We all know that Lee is very accomplished at engraving and design, but this was a new challenge. The group approached him and asked for a very specific theme in oil paint so Lee put down his gravers and picked up a paint brush and his artistry shined through!

Lee has really pushed the envelope with his art on this project. I'm honored to call Lee my friend and humbled by his ability. Congratulations, Lee! Maybe we'll see more painting in the future?

The article on The Blaze may be seen here: Article

More information about the Covenant America project with artist highlights may be seen here: Covenant America Diorama Project

Be sure to look for Lee in the picture on the opening page - he's all the way over on the left.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for the kind comments. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and suspect I will be tempted away from the bench in the future.

Willem-bedankt

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is just super Lee! I've tried painting in oils and acrylics many times over the years and could never get the hang of mixing colors correctly. Black and white was more my style. So I can really appreciate the skill that goes into a wonderful piece like yours. Did this come out of the famed Garage, or was that too dirty a studio? Congratulations again!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
omg what an honor to have been given. the result is a masterful work to say the least. i'm no stranger with oil & brush.but never attempted anything like lee has done here. the entire painting just come right at you, out of such a dramatic background. this is something to be viewed in person.i would love to see that some day

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Lee!
:clapping::banana::bow:

Just another example of your mastery of the true most basic tool :pencil:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc this one came out of the garage. With temperatures around 100 my air conditioner is doors open on opposing ends and a fan. I learned that leaves and bugs stick to wet paint. Might have made the painting more realistic.
I should not complain about the heat. In the winter I wear gloves-vices are really cold-a sweat shirt, and a good stocking cap. It's a little unnerving to see one's breath while engraving.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Lee, congrats on the beautiful art work!!!!! BTW I used to stick my ball on the fireplace in the morning just to keep me fingers from freeing to it!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors