Organization? Storage? Ideas?

cowgirlup

I often find my work bench to be a maze of tools scattered everywhere. I have a rather large table so this shouldn't be happening! I've mastered storage for gravers and the like but do you folks have any good ideas for easily-accessible storage for your tools? I thought some of you may have some clever ideas I could benefit from. Thanks!

tonytigerhk45

Elite Cafe Member
yeah, if you want a clean table, don't do any work on it. but for storage i use glass jars or mugs, plastic jars, jar lids also.

Andrew Biggs

Sheena, Sheena, Sheena

That is why we have large bench tops..............so you can store your tools all over the top of them in one disorganized mess :)

Packaging Styrofoam works well for pointy sharp objects. I use the round bases that GRS sells because they are great for QC holders.

And as Tony said.......jars, tins or anything else lying around the place. Even then they seem to gravitate towards the bench top like magnets :)

Cheers
Andrew

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
From GRS, you can put a lot of QC gravers in one of these. Just got one, and STILL have to make myself put them there when taken out of the handpiece. For some of us, knowing where in the pile the tool is, is half the battle. LOL

Attachments

• 011-219_1-1Wa.jpg
    011-219_1-1Wa.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 257

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
go to the section showing member workbenches. few can become proficient at this art without having a junky, cluttered workbench. for those fotos showing clean, pristine, uncluttered benches-- phooey ! these people hired a cleaning firm & a professional organizer to come in whilst they were on vacation. this can be checked on snoaps.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mine is probably closer to Paul Lantuch's. This is Paul's bench:

cowgirlup

I feel so much better after seeing that photo! Thank you! LoL. I do wish I had that many tools though. :)

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
that's what my bench looks like at the end of a big, complex project! i have a very bad habit of bringing tools out of their many hiding places and not putting anything away until the entire project is finished (or usually some significant passage of time after that...)

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now now Sam, Abigail posted a picture a year or two ago of your bench. It seems to me that there were a couple of missed placed appliances in there and you said you were going to clean or move. Aren't you now in a new house?-Fred

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pauls' bench looks just about right, a bit organized, but not ahead of the curve. that vise is just beyond cool.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
I would agree with MONK every thing looks to be in the right place but is a bit ott with the mugs and jars how can you find what your looking for when its in one of them ?? :rolleyes:
ray

Latest posts

Sponsors