ngraver scrollmaster kit

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
NGRAVE,67 wawecus hill rd. , bozrah,ct,06334, has an easy route for new people having trouble with scroll designs. the #1 template contains the scroll pattern,#2 has the inner, #3 has the outerpattern. enclosing three of the ngrave templates, and the others i picked up at hobby lobby. i know alot of people still dont know of the various sources that are out there to help them, but then again, none of us could afford to pay for the knowledge we have gained from all the members here, and still eat !!! phone number for ngrave is 1-860-823-1533, monday thru friday.

Attachments

• 100_0702.jpg
    100_0702.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_0703.jpg
    100_0703.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_0704.jpg
    100_0704.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 296
  • 100_0705.jpg
    100_0705.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Richard

Thanks for posting these................the scroll templates are especially usefull for the beginner still trying to draw scrolls. They are a really good learning aid and a very handy thing to have around. I'd highly recommend them to anyone starting out.

They are available from N-Graver and GRS

Cheers
Andrew

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
thanks ANDREW, my first free-hand scrolls had the likeness of snails my children use to catch !! i bought theses about a year ago, about $32 i think. my free-hand is now much better, but ive drawn the very same scroll now over and over. for me that is what it takes.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got a set and they're great!

After working through Ron's first book I'm getting better at drawing my own, but as noted the template makes for a very nice scroll spine.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
I got a set. I to recommend them to any beginner. It took a lot of frustration and time out of what I was trying to draw.

Jeff

texasbagpiper

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions? I have the stencils but don’t fully understand all the shapes on the non-scroll templates. They are no longer made so unable to get the instruction paper.

Seth

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
to me, they're like training wheels on a bicycle. sooner or later one must learn how to draw.

pkroyer

I think I have pdf copies of the instructions. They are copyrighted. If Monk or one of the other moderators approve, I can post copies here.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I bought them and I don't like them. Perhaps that is because I tried to use them one time and didn't like the results. The scrolls don't seem to follow the golden mean.

My suggestion is to study drawings and practice. When I draw a backbone, it takes me many corrections before I get it the way I like it. To me getting a good backbone is 90% of the drawing. Then you fill in the leaves and buds.

When I draw a backbone scroll, I always sketch a perpendicular lines from the outside of the scroll to the inside. They should decrease in length as you get closer to the bud.

I suggest Sam's video on drawing scrolls. It was a great help to me.

Sponsors