new scratching

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks everyone.:thumbsup:
its funny in a way that i often hear the statement...like always.
i know it is a compliment:tiphat:.....i am always trying to improve as should anyone else who is still kicking.
to be very honest....it has not been like this always:eek:....the early attempts where real bad, but i always kept on trying to listen and look at what people where trying to show me.
it has taken 5 years to get to this point....i have studied others work and have gotten help from many others as far as design and ideas.
practice is the key:graver:....and not giving up on an idea....just becouse you dont get it the first few attempts does not mean that at some point you should give up.:no:
study your work :thinking:..find atleast one problem and do your best to fix that area.:handpiece:
before long you will be making up ground.:clapping:
william ....like always i thank you for your comments and hope to improve with the next project.
shawn:tiphat:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are very right Shawn with this statement, but we watched your development and it was always at a very good level comparing to your expierience. ( nowadays it's just always superb....)
I think you are an example for many engravers and you are very stimulating especialy by pointing at the important reasons why you are getting better, it keeps us ( me) going, thank you for that.
Is there an album or a source where we can watch all of your work for study and seeing the development?

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
It is a pleasure to look at your work and it encourages me to continue drawing and design further. Am now a few months now and slowly comes forward swing. But it is as you say, try and persevere. Thanks for sharing, greetings Caty.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Shawn

One of the great engravers I studied Hand Engraving with was Bertil Aasland before he died. He was from Norway I remember coming into his studio on one of my weekends with him and I asked him the same question about his original work and my wanting to see some of it and he told me that I would have to go to Norway and crawl under the porch of his old house and after I ground all the rust off his old test plates I might get a peak at some of his original work. One thing he always told me of course was practice allot and also never show your beginning engraving work to the outside world until there is more than your mother telling you how great you are and how beautiful your engraving was. It took me along time to post my work and now I do it in hopes of picking up advice on how to better myself, there is always room for improvement. ( though with your engraving work I think you have reached a level that you can now safely engrave designs that I still struggle with and move on to other areas of hand engraving which will enhance your designs) I always look forward to seeing your engraving so I can study it and have a level to aspire to.

Thanks again for posting your engraving work, keep practicing

Latest posts

Sponsors