new ring- better picture

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
rsz_img_0415.jpg
Another ring; i'll think you'll see more of these, i like doing them. When i started engraving i wanted to do knives, but i think i fell in love with rings. This one is inspired on a dragon eye. it's a steel ring 8mm with copperinlay and 2black diamonds(0,015ct each)
Timwolf.

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work.

Since it's steel, is rust a potential issue?

tim wolf

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks.
I think it's like an inox/steel alliance or so, so i guess rust should not be a problem. Time will say...:)

James Roettger

Elite Cafe Member
Nice ring,cool pattern. I would avoid photography on black as it tricks the light meter into thinking the whole image is darker. Leather makes clear photos very very easy in a quick pinch but doesn't look quite professional. White or a neutral grey background are going to make better pictures. I prefer a grey stone tile with a piece of non-glare glass suspended an inch or two above the grey background. This adds dimensional interest and provides an easy surface to keep clean and dust free. White also messes with the light readings but from what I've seen is the current standard as it allows an easy "cut out" for photoshop and hence easy transfer to advertising or print backgrounds.

Latest posts

Sponsors