New member -Ramone from south africa

Ramone

Hello to everyone on the forum
Thank you for the opportunity to register
My name is Ramone from South Africa
I'm a firefighter but with a very keen interest in engraving and watchmaking
I have acquired a few gravers from a retired jeweller,
I love the concept of engraving especially hand push engraving, I've been practicing on copper and brass
Thanks to the posts/ tips on this forum I am getting better slowly and hopefully surely

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome , for shure. the advantage ( to me ) doing push graving, you get an absolute "feel" for what the graver is doing.. another, it's way less expensive for the tools required. some of the finest work is being done using the push technique. all that lurk here will advise learning to draw. the quality of work depends as much on drawing as it does the control of the graver.

Ramone

welcome , for shure. the advantage ( to me ) doing push graving, you get an absolute "feel" for what the graver is doing.. another, it's way less expensive for the tools required. some of the finest work is being done using the push technique. all that lurk here will advise learning to draw. the quality of work depends as much on drawing as it does the control of the graver.
Thank you so much for the valuable advice
I'll definitely keep practicing drawing and graver feel and control

Ramone

Welcome Ramone. Hope you enjoy your journey in engraving as much as I have mine. This is the place for all your questions and comments.

Again, Welcome...
Thank you so much Sam
The information / advice on this forum is so valuable

Latest posts

Sponsors