New Magnificent Colt Book

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I went to the Baltimore, MD Gun Collector’s Annual Gun Show yesterday. Caught up with an old friend R.L. Wilson. He and Robert M. Lee have a new exciting book out The Art of the Gun Magnificent Colts..Selections from the Robert M. Lee Collection, and is a two volume set. This is a must have for your book collection.
JJ

Attachments

• tool.show.md.03.13.jpg
    tool.show.md.03.13.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm wondering what there is that's different about this book other than the size from the ones they did a few years ago? R.L Wilson and Robert Lee made a set of either four or five books about Lee's collection that were bound in the 3"x5" size, and covered several areas of collection, with two of them dedicated to Colts. (if I remember correctly) I only have one of them, the one with Kornbraith's Colt Gov. model on the cover.

JJ Roberts

Doc,Your right it is nice,I like spoiling myself I like collecting and surrounding myself with nice things. J.J.

JJ Roberts

Sam,Your right,Marty did a wounderful review on the Lee & Wilson books and printed right here in America.I found the books filled with beautiful pictures and the history of Sam Colt. J.J.

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the set at the FEGA show in Reno. It is expensive, but can't be matched as a visual resource for those interested in studying or engraving guns in the traditional styles. The quality of the photographs are the best yet and even the story of the photo process is worth reading. Many of the photos are full size; all are "sharp as a tack".

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
I went to Reno having already decided that I would not buy the book.
However, after I saw it up close and talked to Larry, I spent the money and I am glad that I did.

From my conversations with Fred, i gather that he had the same reaction.

When I returned to pick up the autographed book, Larry was busy writing a long inscription in it for me. He autographed everything in sight, including the bookmark and the box the book was shipped in. He had graciously agreed to hold the book for a week before shipping it to me, as I was not returning home immediately. He did not charge me for the shipping. Thanks, Larry.

Last edited:

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
They are beautifully done, large books, and Larry told me at the show there is access to 12,000 pages of follow up information associated with the book content online, I hope I understood him correctly. Now to start saving my pennies ...... or nickels! lol.
Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors