New Laps

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
This may have been cover some were but my searches haven't found the answer.
brand new laps do they need breaking in or any special care when first using them as I have just picked up on ebay a as new used once GRS power hone with the three diamond laps and the only one thats been used is the 260 grit and this look like new also there is near no making on it the whole thing is like it's straight out of the box and only paid £190 very happy with that, so back to question do I go light to start etc . your help will be grateful or a link to a post that covers the above thanks. :thinking:
Regards to all
Ray

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam I wasn't sure but now I will sharpen every tool in the box and give it a workout :biggrin:
Regards
Ray

kcrutche

Elite Cafe Member
Ray

As Sam says the laps are ready to go, however Before you start Get a good fitting dust mask

The grinding dust is so fine it can become airborne and easily be drawn into your lungs

Not a good thing

If you are new to sharpening with a power hone here is a good video tutorial

Hope this helps

Ken Crutcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-fhCOXiyYc

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Ken I do always.
Dennis thats is tempting offer :thinking: that you have made and the fact that it come from the heart without any mercinary intent touches me deeply but I will have to decline I wouldn't want you spending your hard earnt money on postage :biggrin:
Thanks and Regards
Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors