New graver from grs ?

BJREBUCK

MY COVERT INFORMERS HAVE TOLD ME THAT GRS WILL SOON RELEASE A NEW TYPE OF GRAVER. THEY HAVE INDUSTRIAL DIAMONDS SOMEHOW SET IN THE POINTS. ALREADY SHARPRNED. IT SEEMS SAM HAS BEEN TESTING THESE AND HAS OVER 100 HOURS OF
OF HEAVY SCULPTING ON ONE AND IT'S STILL AS SHARP AS NEW.:shock:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That April Fools joke is still a diamond in the rough. I didn't get the point at first. Thought I could use that new graver to eliminate the daily grind, but I guess I'll have to continue to keep my nose to the grind stone. It will help me to hone up my skills. A diamond is forever and it would of been difficult to modify my tools with this graver.

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
sorry guys- i didn't mean to ruin the fun, i actually thought, "well dang, maybe somebody has really figgered out how to make a diamond graver" and the date was just a coinkydink. dang, i was kinda looking forward to trying it. oh well, at least y'all suckered me in...

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Actually , there was talk about trying that . They do make end mills and lathe bits that way but if it would hold up for engraving is anyone's guess. What should have given away the Aprils fools is the fact that Sam probably hasn't worked a hundred hours in the last ten years. :just kidding: dictators don't work they dictate.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A friend of mine made a diamond graver some 15 years ago. He used a baguette diamond for that purpose. It was not meant for engraving at the time, but for stone setting.
But even as a diamond is very hard, it can break easy. I experienced that when working as a diamantklover.
Perhaps it could work for fine bulino work

arnaud

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Didn't somebody make themeselve a diamond stippling point? I remember someone set a diamond in the tip of a graver blank for some good reason.

Latest posts

Sponsors