New engraver Student in MD

oakleave

Hello every one. I just started engraving. I found a very competent Master who teaches me the art of engraving. My Master JJ Roberts is very competent and a good teacher. It is great that he shares his knowlege. I live in MD and have sucessfull finished a 3.5 year tool and diemaker aprenticeship in Germany.
Thank you that I could join your wonderfull forum.;)
Bernie

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh, you´re a lucky guy Bernie, getting lessons from JJ Roberts.
BTW, welcome to the forum and I hope you will post what JJ teaches you, to the benefit of us all.
Have fun during the journey of engraving.
Willem
(where has you stayed in Germany?)

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bernie,

Welcome to this forum. If you can complete a tool & die apprenticeship in Germany you certainly have what it takes to do well in the technical part of engraving. I'm sure that JJ will do a good job of teaching you the art and design portion of the trade.

Grüße,
Roger

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, by all means welcome. lots to learn here-- just go to the tips section. there's much there in the form of tutorials that are very informative. jj is quite the friend to all who wish to learn. send a few fotos of your work when you get the time.

Gun Nut

Elite Cafe Member
Bernie, Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy being on this forum, and hope to see you again on here soon with words of wisdom from JJ.

oakleave

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Training with a highly skilled Mater like JJ is a challenging experience. He not only can engrave he is also a very gifted artist. The knowlege of art and drawing is very importand in engraving as I found out. In this respect I am light years behind and just admire how he design things. I bought a small Pakistani Pocket knife for engraving practice. It was amizing how many different motive JJ were coming up with on the handle in a very short time. And one looked better than the other.
I am still strugeling with my assined homework because I have to make some Benjamins. Just have to restore 6 antik chairs were someone else tryed to glue them together with plastic or raisin. Fixing the other ones work is more work than if I had srarted a broken chair.
Happy engraving to all of you
Bernie

Latest posts

Sponsors