New bracelet designs, criticism welcome

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Again been active and two bracelets drawn. The first I want to engrave titanium, which I've never done. And the second there is a stone put on the side, so that is why it has a special form. Please critique before that I'm engraving, can I still possibly make improvements, greetings Caty.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't see anything to commend Caty except that they are beautiful, looking forward to the final piece.
Oh perhaps one thing......do you draw the whole design or do you flip it over?
When I take a close look it's the last, I must say I did that myself because it's the easy way but drawing the whole design makes it more spontaniously ( they teached me here...;)

Last edited:

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Willem,and Monk
thanks for the reply,
I did the last option, because it is very difficult to get exactly the same picture on the other side. Nevertheless, it is a challenge to give it a try, or just simply by drawing and not use the same pattern. But my own preference is to balance that get you to mirroring.When this are engraved, I will have a continuous drawing try to make it you consider yourself or keep busy!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
transferring a half pattern one way, then the other i think is the way to go when you're selling your jewelry the way you do. if nothing else, it can allow a little less on the price tag.

david bain

Elite Cafe Member
I had Ken Hurst tell me one time to cut my patterns out on a copper or brass piece.That way i have a master i can copy from.if i want to make a mirror i can reverse the pattern when i do a transfer.

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
In the time we have not had access to a PC and printer and software, I did the same way mirroring. For designing embroidery patterns and a corner to put me always a mirror on the angle and could then take over as the drawing. A painstaking task, now with the PC it is much easier and you can get a quick error recovery. To set up the design I get all the details out and leave only the outside lines that are to be printed and transform, it remains a clear drawing and the shadows I spend only after I've removed the background.

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
I finished the first drawing from the bracelets( see at the top of this page) for the first time in titanium. The engraving is not perfect, but I think that the result is not very bad.
Please give some critique so that I can learn from this work.
Greetings Caty

Latest posts

Sponsors