neat way to practice

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm using Celtic knotwork to practice parallel line, shading, consistent line, back cutting, sharp points, and polishing up metal. Work in progress, not "there" yet, but this certainly is helping me- esp. in awareness!
celticpractice.jpg

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Good job, Cloudy! :thumbsup: I'm really happy to hear when someone is concentrating on back cutting :chip: as it's so important. On designs like this it becomes even more critical. When left undone, the work looks unfinished and rushed. Celtic intertwining knotwork will place heavy demands on back cutting as there's tons of it to do, but the end result will be crisp and professional when time is taken to do it right.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good point about it being good practice. Grab a little keychain or something and you've got a nice present when done.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam, I'm not sure what you mean by "back cutting". I probably should be practicing this.
Thanks

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks real nice, Cloudy! Are you cutting similar cuts at the same time or trying to complete the pattern from one point to another?

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira- I did both ways- roughed out the major outlines, not going all the way to the next edges at one time then went back and did each section one at a time, working very hard not to get over cuts.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
uh, if that's a mere practice plate, i surely want to see what you consider a "real work". ! this is just great.

Latest posts

Sponsors