My Turntable and Vise Demo for Bram and anyone else who would like to see

Steveareno

Hi Guys
I wanted Bram and others to check out an alternative to a lazy susan style turntable. Like I said in the video it’s not for sale, just wanted to show it.

It’s kind of funny toward the end when I’m showing that metal doesn’t stick to the turntable, I go to show the steel washers and they all went flying on the floor and like a true amateur I just keep going:). You know they say the show must go on.

http://youtu.be/Xtt9DynH0to

Thanks for watching
Steve Shepherd

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Steve, that's brilliant. And thanks for the plug!

Seriously nice turntable and glassy smooth.

kiwishooter

Absolutely brilliant setup, would like some more detail on the tilt mechanism for the turntable do you have any plans for it?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve,

I very much enjoyed watching your video, the turntable and magnetic ball vise are excellent, and I agree why do we go for rim bearing turntables, when center bearings never get swarf in them, being concealed, after all the bearing load capacity of what you are using is huge, and our vises are hardly taxing the shaft bearings?

I love making stuff, and especially like seeing your innovations, well done!

Seems like those banding wheels, using in pottery are a bargain, at about $80 for a low profile 9.25 inch, for those who are not toolmakers? Yet, making your own new designs is doubly satisfying!

best

Rod

mrthe

Thank you for the Video! me too u'm interested in know more about the tilt mechsnism if is possible

Steveareno

Thanks For all the kind comments,

The clamping and tilt are done with the two bottom plates. There is a sphere between the two plates and the top plate clamps down on the sphere with a threaded knob. The turntable is not under the vise patent and is my concept and if an individual wanted to make one for there own personal use I’m fine with that. If anyone in the field of engraving could make a better turntable I think it would be Chris DeCamillis. He is innovative and original and understands fine tools and how to get it to market.

Thanks again
Steve Shepherd

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Steve!!!

Thats a really nice vice!!! Is this the Bullseye vise, like we see on Steve Lindsay his website? Seeing this makes me longing to do some mechanics!! I have some idea's making a new vise, maybe something for next year^^have a nice day!!!

mrthe

Is a homemade vise i think and is great ! i use a simple shimpo pottery turntable very heavy and smooth,inexpensive (around 50 $) but work very well but i like very much the tilt feature in this !

Latest posts

Sponsors