My place of work...

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Ahhhh, the gathering of tools, I like to see piles of tools it means the person using them is working with them. Open piles, piles stuck in their little holes arranged so the worker can find what he wants is a second. It also means an outsider will never be able to find anything. Nice work area.

scott99

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
That level of cleanliness and organization is a sure sign of a VERY sick mind.....Just kidding DIMAS. But it's still a little terrifying. ;-)

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
what is the flat object in the second to last photo, behind the powerhone, between the wheels & the stones? it looks like a flattened pile of wires- is it a soldering plate?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
no offense intended-- how does one get any work done ? i mean taking the time to put everything back where it belongs. do like i do-- dump it all in one central pile and just spread it around.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Man.... That workbench is tooooo neat! I would have that beyond repair in about five minutes!!

Weldon

Last edited:

Dimas

Elite Cafe Member
Je je je, thank you very much, is not your usual State je je je
Mitch, as he has said Paolo, is a brick of wire
This Super to fire for the lower parts
This is more common

Best regards

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch, Around and in my solder station/pumas tray I have all kinds of little wires, mostly heaver piano string that I hold down things with. Might wrap a buckle hook with wire the press the wire into the block (charcoal or synthetic and bend to hold it tight the pot I want to solder it. Use bailing wire, straight and T pins whatever gets the job done. Acts like a third, forth or sixth hand whatever is required. All sizes and kinds of wires laying in the pumas pan. Also use cotter pins made into claps by bending a half loop at the long end and shaping to exert downward pressure during soldering. My pumas tray is also fitted with a cleat on the bottom to fit into may mega block for more versatility gaing access to area to solder.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks for the info. soldering is really not my thing. i can muddle my way thru simple jobs with passable results, but anything more complex is better left to others. of course, if there's some reason you want a crappy solder job, then i'm your man...

(unless we're talking sweat-soldering copper plumbing, which I, if I may be so immodest, rock at.)

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch-A funny story for a man who rocks at sweat soldering copper pipe. My wife and I bought a 159 year old house up in Dakota. Renovations had been started by pervious owners-ended in divorce. Things were going along very well until I needed to attach a brass piped water closet to my new copper plumbing. This water closet was the old style with the lined wooden tank mounted high on the wall and a pull chain to operate the damn thing. I had taken it all apart and cleaned all the brass inside and outside parts to like new shine. Refinished the wood and sealed with fiber glass per This Old House. Looked new but antique. A fine job if I have to say so myself. Now the brass thick wall pipe took some very hard to find special fittings to attach to modern thin wall copper pipe. Starting to get were I am going here? I sanded the flitting and pipe, fluxed it. Heated it until the solder flowed-and it vanished. Cleaned to and tried again, and again and again. Thick wall brass and thin wall copper seem to have some copper to brass pipe heating issues and have some differences in heat sink action. After discussing divorce options finally gave in and had professional plumber come over at wife insistence and he says I had filled the pipe and fitting with solder. Plugged it up! He fixed it in 5 min after I got new old stock fittings again. Discussed reconciliation with wife swore off soldering any brass anymore on of the old plumbing, Stayed married 25 more years.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Dimas for such a lovely working place

Lo que mas me gusta es que ya no veo el cenicero , enhorabuena por haber parado !

Dimas

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks friend.
I'm still smoking, but it fails, enters the new project je je
These photos the had archived, now you know that I am with new projects.
I am very happy.

Gracias amigo.
Sigo fumando, pero lo dejare, entra en el nuevo proyecto je je
Estas fotos las tenia archivadas, ahora ya sabes que estoy con nuevos proyectos.
Estoy muy contento.

Latest posts

Sponsors