My Old Engraving and Gold inlay on My K98 Mauser Rifle

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
About 10 years ago, I engraved my K98 Mauser Rifle. The subject of the engraving(Leopard and Ibex) is a Scene that I've seen lots of the time in Mashhad Mountains (Hezar-Masjed)!
The head of the bolt handle can rotate, and I've engraved 4 birds on it.
And I also design and make my gun that can be separated to 4 part, that is in the photo. And I designed and make the stock, Peep sight,base and ring(That can easily open without changing the accuracy), the space for extra cartridge, and also space for removing cartridge.

Attachments

• 36849dimg_2137.jpg
    36849dimg_2137.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_5368.jpg
    IMG_5368.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5367.jpg
    IMG_5367.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 321

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Ali;

Very nice work. Can you send more photos showing how the barrel fits to the action. All of similar quick detachable barrels on K-98 I have seen had threads on the barrel to connect to the action, however yours is another system that I have not seen.

Kindest Regards;
Steve Howell

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Steve, I'll show more photo.
The Bolt assembly rotate about 90 degree, and lock into the end of the barrel.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
absolute candy for the eye ! the bolt knob is first class in my book. quite a unique rifle. thanks for showing this.

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Ali;

I assume that the military K98 that you used to make this lovely hunting rifle was the Iranian 1949 model 98 Mauser in 8 x 57mm that is called the "1949 Persian Mauser model 98" here in America. I bought one of these 1949 military model 98 carbines in 1964 and converted it to a hunting rifle--not such a fine rifle as you have built. The Persian Mauser 98"s are renown for their high quality machining and workmanship. In 1964 you could buy one here in America that had never been used or issued to the Iranian military for a price of $30.00--which is what I bought. Now if you could find one of these 1949 Persian Mauser military 98's in new and unused condition, the price would be near $1500.00. I look forward to seeing the other photos.

Regards;
Steve Howell

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Steve,
Thank you for your explanation about this gun, really interesting for me!
As you said the old Persian Mausers have high quality machining!
I attached 3 new photo of my gun and the other Mausers that have been Sporterized by me.
in the 1st photo you see the old gun and the converted one by me, in 2nd photo you see the other Sporterized Mausers and the other old guns. In 3rd photo you see the place for the extra cartridge and the place for cleaning inside of the barrel that I've designed for Rifles. I think the old designs of this part are just for the R cartridge, But which I've designed is useful for all cartridge. :)
And about the BOSS on my gun barrel, as you know Upon shooting shock and kickback of the hunting rifles causes inaccuracy in the
shooting. And at the same time might damage gun's scope.
By designing and installing a proper BOSS both adverse effects are considerably
reduced. Up to 40 % for kickback depending on the calibre.

Best Wishes,
Ali

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2566.jpg
    IMG_2566.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5358.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 30