My latest engraving and photoshop battle

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for all the advise, i can see how usefull photoshop can be but arrg it adds time to the peice:confused: feel free to pick on me i could use advice on the engraving too!!:beatup:

Attachments

• braclet.jpg
    braclet.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 301

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
lmao!! i need to learn how to spell too. thanks for the catch i bet i look pretty dumb on face book about now.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Griff, I see you are on track, except the spelling of course.
Another thing and perhaps not that important on a dark background, but if you do not put a dropshadow the item will be like in space.

I illustrate this on a quick one

dropshadowno.jpg dropshadow.jpg

arnaud

Last edited:

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
I agree with Sam on the $. Especially taking time to engrave the inside. Did you run into some distortion on the inside when you formed the bracelet?

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
im probably gonna step in a big pile here but I appreciate all of the comments and the price is probably to cheap... I started building this braclet with the price point already decided. It took so long to engrave (6 to 7 hours) that if i received an order for ten of these I would turn it down. To be happy building another one I would want $550 This style of engraving is pretty new to me and I need to make a mental adjustment from "bright cut" engraving to this style in price to compensate for the difference in time it takes. P.S. if there was any distortion in bending it I goes unnoticed.

aalv2003

This is my sugestion about the graphic design: 1- the bracelet is a BEAUTY, then it need to be placed bigger and in a most important place of the field. 2- I would separate the inside view to avoid the apareance of 2 different bracelet exposed. 3- I would not include the price in the description of the art of the piece, I would put it in some kind of sticker with a different letter font.
Sorry about intromission and the mess with the background, since I dont have the layered .PSD I simulate the scrolls in the background.
Else sorry about my bad english!!!
Alberto.

Attachments

• braclet-sugestion.jpg
    braclet-sugestion.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 92

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Much better price. All too often we think of ourselves as artists and not as businessmen. I recently went into business for myself working out of a friends jewelry shop. I never realized how much I was giving away until he pointed it out. I now run all pricing through him first.
Folks don't think twice about paying their Toyota mechanic $75 an hour to fix their car. It took me a lot longer to learn my trade than the mechanic. (no offense to mechanics)
Lowering the price for a quick sell only cheapens the work. And from what I can see, your work is worth every bit of that $550 if not more!
Layne

Latest posts

Sponsors