My First Landscape "Only The Shadow Knows"

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My latest and 1st landscape is now framed and complete. The image was inspired by my October 2013, 502 mile journey on my bicycle with 4 close friends circumnavigating Lake Champlain in Vermont on my bike.

The bicycle shadow is inspired by a photo I took in Burlington, Vermont when the sun was setting at a sharp angle. As you can see I was warped in an interesting way.
The lochness monster or Champy, as I believe it's called in Vermont. was inspired by a huge Brontosaurus that was in someone's yard on one of the Lake Champlain islands. The mountains, water and barn are all inspired by Lake Champlain in this fictional version of life in and on this beautiful oasis, silenced by a minimal encroachment of humanity, in this pristine heavenly greenspace. I tried to capture the captivating, enticing feel of the water evervesing in the late day sun. It was a site I experienced more than once on this journey that left me longing for more, and in conflict upon my return to civilization. It was a place so precious, only by staying would I have time to savor it's endless charm and mystique. The piece is called "Only the Shadow Knows".

Attachments

• P1020048.jpg
    P1020048.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors