My first carving in 2012

mrthe

Hello ,this is my first carving of the 2012 the photo quality is not the best i have broke my nikon s800 camera and now i have to use the nikon 3100 reflex but i have to learn how to use it hehe

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the carpal bones and boxcar detailing just look great. the entire design just looks great to me.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If that's any indication as to how 2012 will be for your nickel carving, I'd say it's going to be a GREAT year! Congratulations on a job well done! :thumbsup:

Scratchmo

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I like the hobo theme, and I agree, it's a great start for the new year! I've always been curious how you, as an engraver from Spain first got the interest to pursue carving hobo nickels. I wonder how many of your friends or peers understand what you're doing? I ask this because sometimes I have a difficult time explaining it to Americans who should be more familiar with hobos and nickels. Have you ever carved any Peseta coins or Euros?

mrthe

Thank you for the nice comments,read this form greats carver like sam, Billzach or ron for example encourage me very much.
Ron,my father had work for more of 40 years in the bank of Italy like aemployed ,when i was child always i was fascinated for the coins and the banknote figures and every time that Italy printed new coins or banknote always my father,backing to home to his work,get me one unit like small gift.
I have a little collections ot this that i conserve like a treasure.
In that way comes my passion for the coins.
Actually i`m graduate in sculpture to the academy of fine arts and i'm a jewellery maker,i love old rings and the search in how make its give me to discovery the world of engraving and the americans forums,when i have start to learn engraving ,reading americans forums like this,i was fascinated from this peculiar form of art,and to practice i have start on the nickels to learn how to engraving in very little spaces,i think is a good way maybe not the best but have help me a lot in start my learn way.
In a post`s forum one day ,I have had the luck to meet "Rollie" a friend,a great person and a very generous man that introduce me in the world of the O.H.N.S.,and after i documents to me on the hobo nickels Art Buying some books likes the Alpert's hobo nickels guidebook and others,and join the O.H.N.S.,and i have to say that i was fascinated from this type of Art,furthermore that as your good you will know ,carving nickels is addictive........well for this reason i love carving hobo nickels maybe i`m the only italian carver and in spain hehehe but my friend look my works and are fascinated with it ,some of them have bought to me nickels carved too.
I haven`t yet carved old pesetas i have a lots (let me know if you need somes) but one day shure that i will carve someone.
Erous cannot be engraved by law,is illegal, but I must say that there are some circulating without the original face of king Juan Carlos I ...hehehehe

I hope you can understand my bad english ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors