DSC_0032 - Copy.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
While we're waiting for your update, I have to say:

So what'd you do, sell 'em?

;)

Can't wait for the pictures to get here.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve, they are not mine. Alas, they must be returned to the owner.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work (as always) The type of gun makes for some extremely odd areas to engrave.
The design alone had to be a migraine----just trying to figure out how to make 30 different "panels" flow into one overall feature! Sheesh!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
While the type weapon and theme are certainly 20th century (early) they, to me have a feeling of the elaborate work done for the kings of France or at least the Maharajah stylings of the late Victorian period. Can't really fit them in either but they will be in a historic period of engraving and arms decoration. Very well thought out, designed and executed-as is always the case with your work Lee. Thank you for the fine shots. Fred

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, thanks for posting these, particularly the close-up photos, which show such incredible detail.

It would be nice if you could post close-ups of the naval scenes on the other pistol. I was amazed by those scenes when I looked at them through my magnifier at Reno. Very impressive work.

And thank you for your generous use of your time and patience in giving me your critique of my work at such a busy time.

Mike Fennell

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,

You and I had the pleasure of seeing Lee's fine work in Reno, and I am so glad to now see what very good photography does in getting closer to the real live experience we had.

You were kind and patient Lee, allowing me to give it my best shot, trying to capture the fine detail with only hand-held camera. Clearly one needs to pay great attention to all aspects of photography to get the fine results you have posted here.

Having seen the World War One gun the year before, when it had not yet received its final surface treatment, I enjoyed the added subtleties than were brought forth this year, now that it is complete.

For those who have not seen this gun, it behooves me to say that, for example, the machine gun scene is in fact three dimensional, it is layered and stands proud from the main surface in a very unique way. I trust that it is appropriate to post two photos form Reno 2011 which are taken at an angle to show this dramatic technique.

After looking at the two photos below, I invite you to back up to Lee's posted photos of the now surface darkened gun, notice selective burnishing of the machine gun scene adds, for me, even more depth for foreground, middle ground, and background distinction.

Yes, there must be something in the air of Utah that is very good for creative and unique work, or perhaps it is just the man himself ( and his wonderful family).

Great work!

Rod

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpg
    IMG_0841.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors