More engraving projects

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
The following pictures are of a second knife I engraved for the same customer fro his friend also I have started to engrave some of the Scroll practice sam has posted in the past I have finished the cut however I am still working on finishing the shading and will post another picture when I finish.
Thanks.
Bill Rice

Attachments

• brent knife rick.jpg
    brent knife rick.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 200
  • Brent Knife RT.jpg
    Brent Knife RT.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Alfano Scroll 1.jpg
    Alfano Scroll 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 199

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks JJ

I guess after 13 years of on again and off again engraving I finally made a commitment to myself to focus and try to get better at something I really enjoy. My problem
is that I am not real good at art and since I began learning to engrave I have been struggling with the economy and trying to make a living. Last year I decided to do offer my engraving services on small projects Like lettering on pendants and bracelets. This year I have a couple of Jewelers sending me some work. I have also started showing my engraving at some of the art shows around here and I have gotten a couple of commissions on Pendants and Knives. I took a Lettering class from Mike Dubber last year and this has really helped me. I am doing enough engraving now and it seems to be good enough to get repeat customers and references.
I am now trying to push the bubble in improvement and I am practicing allot more I have always enjoyed the comments and direction from this forum. I will be posting more of my engraving hoping I will get the motivation to keep on improving.

Thanks again
Bill

Sponsors