Memories of Reno 2012, I'm going to start my diet tommorow... honest!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, if that is a picture of the items allowed on this diet, you may have introduced me to the first one I will be able to keep.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just looking at that dessert case brings back fond memories of good meals and conversations at Rosie's. My mouth is watering.

RB

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's a sinful showcase of sweets there, Rod. Oh, and that's a fantastic photo, too! Crisp with beautifully saturated color.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's the saturated fat that may be the problem, Sam!

Glad it brought some nostalgia to the surface, guys, and thanks for posting.

I am feeling rather good about myself, after an 'every three months doctor visit' finding out my cholesterol is down and good, blood sugar is on the healthy side of the line, my cough has all but disappeared.

I would be tempted to celebrate with a slice of that double extra dark chocolate cake at Rosie's Cafe, were it not 300 hundred miles away (probably safer that way). Instead I will walk the river path, and watch out for cougars.

On Sunday, I will show my DVD film and lecture to the wood turners association on baroque flute making

On Friday next I join some great musicians to be the master of ceremonies in a Burns Supper of elegance. Dressed in my full kilt and highland regalia evening dress I will do poems and songs, and speak of the times and mannerisms of 18th century Scotland, as we celebrate our national bard, Robert Burns, choosing mostly understandable poems, yet leaving room for some puzzled head scratching, for as our celebrated national pudding is piped in and around the banquet table, I will greet it, dirk in hand, to honor it in Scots with Burns' "Ode to the Haggis"

"Fair fa' yur honest sonsie face, great cheifain o' the pudding race!"

what the heck does that me?

or:

His knife see rustic-labour dight, an’ cut ye up wi’ ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright like onie ditch!

And what is a haggis anyway?

Well, every country has its national sausage, its just that the Scots one comes wrapped in sheep's clothing, right Roger?

Rod

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There you have it, Andrew,

the secret to fast track understanding of the Scots tongue, throw away the language tapes and pour yourself a dram. It lowers your resistance to learning.

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors