Meeting Ron Nott for the first time

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
I finally got to meet Ron Nott in person at the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex Gun Show. Ron was very friendly and had time to answer all the questions I could think of asking him. Sunday at the show was very slow and he took a lot of time to really explain how he did his work. I can't wait to see him again at the Ag Hall show in Allentown, Pa. Ron is a very friendly guy and has a lot of knowlege and graciously allowed me to pick his brain for quite a long time. I must remember to bring one of my practice plates for him to critique at the Ag Hall show. Also, although I saw pictures of his Colts and studied them at great length, this was the first time I saw them in person. No picture can ever do them justice. They are so magnificently done that I fell in love with them instantly!! I can't believe that Ron Nott and Ron Smith and others started out with home made chisels made with no heel . Ron told me how he first started out with such a tool. These engravers had no books or websites to learn from. I have a lot of patience but just can't bielieve that they had the perserverence to see them through! It was a real honor to meet Ron Nott and I can't wait to examine his Colts and hand made knives at the next gun show! He is a very friendly and outgoing person, and I am currently practicing some of the techniques he told me about. Thanks Ron!

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Pappy .. it was a pleasure meeting you , i am glad that you where able to make it , now i am looking for to seeing you at the Allentown show on July 11 & 12 . i will have some new work for you to see and be sure to bring some samples of your work with you .. thanks again for your comments .. ron p

Attachments

• Gun Engraving 1552.jpg
    Gun Engraving 1552.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 83

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sort of shows that tools never amaze, it's always the person holding the tool. ron has a "brush stroke" quite beautiful, and like no other !

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Dwayne .. some day when there is a show in your area i just may be there , also there is always the Blade show may be you could make it in June 2010 . i would like to sit down with you pen in hand and book and give you some ideas on how to do better scroll work , you can call me any time if i can help .. ron p

hi Monk .. thanks for the coments , you too have the same tools that i do all you have to do is get them to work for you .. ron p

Latest posts

Sponsors