Master Penman at work

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mitch,Thanks for sharing,penmanship is a lost art,children today can't even read cursive let alone write it.Penmanship and art were my favorite subjects in school. J.J.

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
Some schools still teach cursive - even though Common Core Standards say it's unnecessary. The students at Mountain Pine know cursive, and some of my kids have beautiful writing. I gave my 8th grade class dip nibs and some letters to practice, and some of them, two girls in particular, just blew me away with their script writing.

Andrew Biggs

He's certainly a Master alright. His work is incredible. Good penmanship is always a thing of beauty.

When you see the way young people hold a pen or pencil today, it makes you shudder.

Cheers
Andrew

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i've never seen a nib pushed like he does. i've always assumed one only ever pulled the pen on a downward stroke. my own experience with calligraphy is limited, so i've never tried it that way.

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
When he pushed the nib, he wasn't applying pressure. He only spread the tines on the down strokes - or whichever direction he was pulling the nib.